Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Colossians 4:6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
As we look at the messy, ugly, situations of life, it is hard sometimes to not to become judgmental, lacking in grace. It is time for strong prayer. It is time for bold prayer, but as we pray let us generously season our prayer with mercy. May we declare the heart of the Father as we pray in that mercy triumphs over judgement! Let us remember continually that it is His kindness that leads us to repentance. (Rms 2:4)
We may experience moments of great pain and anguish as we pray over our city, and over this land. Our tears will pour out as we intercede for Father’s answers for foolishness, and evil. In that place may we generously dispense mercy in our prayer. May we become conduits through which mercy pours out. As I write this morning I am reminded of a famous song with the line “What the world needs now, is love sweet love, it’s the only thing that there’s just too little of” I agree with that sentiment, yet in the love of the Father, He releases mercy. So I have changed the line slightly, “What the world needs NOW, it mercy sweet mercy… Father, we thank you for your mercy, and thank you that you are depositing your mercy more deeply within us.
- Intercede for All those who are in authority and all those who desire to be in authority. May Father raise up public servants who please His heart. May the people of God be wise and discerning toward those who aspire to hold public office. May a strong call for righteousness go out into the land!
- Thank Father for every evil plan exposed to the light. May deeds of darkness continue to be exposed to the light. Pray that terrorist cells be exposed early, that terrorist plots will be revealed and thwarted. Pray that a hedge of protection will surround our nation, that God himself will be our protector. Psalm 91 We also declare a hedge of protection over law enforcement officers, military personnel, and all who labor to protect the United States. May the church become a leader in showing honor and respect to all those in authority. We release the power of the blood over every situation. Revelation 12:11
- Awaken the sleeping giant of a praying church into FULL wakefulness. Arise, shine for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord is risen on you! Isaiah 60:1,2
- WE boldly pray against the confusion of the enemy. We declare confusion exposed by His marvelous light. We break off confusion with the power of His word. Pray specifically that confusion sewn over sexual orientation and identity be broken off in Jesus name WE declare that our daily battle belongs to the Lord, and we rest under His Lordship!
- Lord, you have given us a powerful place to anchor in prayer in 2 Chronicles 7:14. Let our hearts be broken before you as we confess and our total need for you “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, will heal their land.” Pray for the release of true repentance in our land. May we return to the Lord. May true repentance and salvation break out through our nation. Increase our heart to see the harvest of souls be brought into His kingdom.
- Let us stand in prayer with the nation of Israel. As we pray boldly for our nation let us also pray boldly in agreement with God’s promises toward Israel.
Additional Prayer Concerns:
- Racial reconciliation: May we permeate the atmosphere with the spirit of reconciliation. Declare God’s goodness, mercy and the power of Jesus blood over our nation. We are ambassadors of reconciliation. As the Lord leas you pray for your own community, and places in our nation where racially motivated violence has occurred.
- Pray for the renewal of the bold proclamation of God’s word May fresh authority and anointing from heaven rest on the preaching of His word. Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. May the hearing of God’s word encourage & build powerful faith in your people!
- May great clarity come to the issues that face our nation. May we as a nation honor the honorable and turn away from that which is not pleasing to the Lord. Righteous exalts a nation, but sin is reproach to any people. Proverbs 14:34