For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. – Ephesians 6:12
Intercession is no vacation, and it doesn’t take vacations. We have entered a lifestyle of dwelling near to the Lord, and the closer we get the better He looks! As we draw near, Father will allow us to take on more strategic prayer, for we must remember that we will often encounter individuals doing evil, and destructive things, but we are not at war with their outward actions. We are wrestling against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
We do this by abiding in the victory that Jesus has already won for us and paid for in His precious blood. Colossians 2:15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it. Lies, deceit, deception, murder, hatred, anger, and the list goes on, yet the power behind them has been disarmed. We abide in Him, and we abide in this victory, and as we pray, we release the power of His victory into every situation. We look at the situation and then we focus on the victory. We focus on Him who has overcome all things, and we do not lose heart. 2 Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. Amen!
- Intercede for All those who are in authority and all those who desire to be in authority. May Father raise up public servants who please His heart. May the people of God be wise and discerning toward those who aspire to hold public office. May a strong call for righteousness go out into the land!
- Thank Father for every evil plan exposed to the light. May deeds of darkness continue to be exposed to the light. Pray that terrorist cells be exposed early, that terrorist plots will be revealed and thwarted. Pray that a hedge of protection will surround our nation, that God himself will be our protector. Psalm 91 We also declare a hedge of protection over law enforcement officers, military personnel, and all who labor to protect the United States. May the church become a leader in showing honor and respect to all those in authority. We release the power of the blood over every situation. Revelation 12:11
- Awaken the sleeping giant of a praying church into FULL wakefulness. Arise, shine for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord is risen on you! Isaiah 60:1,2
- WE boldly pray against the confusion of the enemy. We declare confusion exposed by His marvelous light. We break off confusion with the power of His word. Pray specifically that confusion sewn over sexual orientation and identity be broken off in Jesus name WE declare that our daily battle belongs to the Lord, and we rest under His Lordship!
- Lord, you have given us a powerful place to anchor in prayer in 2 Chronicles 7:14. Let our hearts be broken before you as we confess and our total need for you “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, will heal their land.” Pray for the release of true repentance in our land. May we return to the Lord. May true repentance and salvation break out through our nation. Increase our heart to see the harvest of souls be brought into His kingdom.
- Let us stand in prayer with the nation of Israel. As we pray boldly for our nation let us also pray boldly in agreement with God’s promises toward Israel.
Additional Prayer Concerns:
- Racial reconciliation: May we permeate the atmosphere with the spirit of reconciliation. Declare God’s goodness, mercy and the power of Jesus blood over our nation. We are ambassadors of reconciliation. As the Lord leas you pray for your own community, and places in our nation where racially motivated violence has occurred.
- Pray for the renewal of the bold proclamation of God’s word May fresh authority and anointing from heaven rest on the preaching of His word. Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. May the hearing of God’s word build powerful faith in your people!
- May great clarity come to the issues that face our nation. May we as a nation honor the honorable and turn away from that which is not pleasing to the Lord. Righteous exalts a nation, but sin is reproach to any people. Proverbs 14:34