Updated December 1, 2021
Federal Executive Actions impact Christian citizens. Recent executive orders from the White House include:
- Revoking Executive Orders issued during the previous Administration: Executive Order 13925 (Preventing Online Censorship), Executive Order 13933 (Protecting American Monuments, Memorials, and Statues and Combating Recent Criminal Violence), Executive Order 13934 (Building and Rebuilding Monuments to American Heroes), Executive Order 13964 (Rebranding United States Foreign Assistance To Advance American Influence), Executive Order 13978 (Building the National Garden of American Heroes), and Executive Order 13980 (Protecting Americans From Over-criminalization Through Regulatory Reform).
- Revoking the 1776 Commission combating race and sex stereotyping, The new EO rejects equality of opportunity and instead advances equity outcomes
- Requiring military to allow biological/ anatomical men who identify as women, and vice versa, to serve openly in U.S. military.
- Creating special Rights on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, directing agencies to review current regulations. The EO allows biological/ anatomical men who identify as women, and vice versa, access to restrooms, locker rooms and school sports of the opposite sex.
- Various Executive Orders advancing “Equity” principles over Equality (undermining the truth that all are made in the image of God and are therefore worthy and entitled to be treated with dignity, fairness, and respect) Executive Order 14050; Executive Order 14049; Executive Order 14045;
- Shot mandates subject to First Amendment Free Exercise of Religious Conscience: Federal Employees; Federal Contractors
Additionally, many matters pending before the U.S. Congress and your State Legislature impact Christian people.
Protecting marriage & family
Value of Human Life
|(1 Peter 2:13-17)||(Genesis 2:24; Psalm 127:3)||(Genesis 1:27)||(Jude 1:3-4)|
Note the special color-coded feature indicating whether the proposed law reinforces, is neutral toward, or contradicts our core values. We’ve also added a feature to let you know if a particular piece of legislation is actively moving.
“Be subject for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.” (1 Peter 2:13-17)
- Pray that God will raise up Godly men and women to serve in government agencies, the legislature and the judicial system at both the state and federal levels.
- Pray that governmental, legislative and judicial leaders that don’t currently have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ would experience a spiritual revival and turn to Christ.
- Pray that any attempts to limit an individual’s rights especially in regards to religious expression, marriage, family and personal property would be thwarted.
- Pray that believers would have courage to boldly protect and speak out against any proposed rules, policy or legislation that would infringe on an individual’s God-given rights.
- Pray that believers would commit to regularly loving, honoring and serving their leaders.
Protection of Traditional Marriage
and the Family
“Therefore, a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24
“Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.” Psalm 127:3
- Pray that legislation, regulations and policy that serve to break down the institutions of traditional marriage and the family would be blocked.
- Pray that God would protect Christian marriages and families and that they would serve as a light to those who are need of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Pray believers will boldly stand-up against attempts to indoctrinate children and youth through the educational system in values that are contrary to the Biblical view of marriage and the family.
- Pray for protection for pastors, educators, governmental leaders and business leaders who uphold the values of traditional marriage and the family.
- Pray for Christian parents to have wisdom as they disciple their kids in Biblical values related to marriage and family in a secular culture.
- Pray for believers to live a righteous life that is pleasing to the Lord and free from the entanglements of pornography and sexual sins. Pray for a repentant heart for those who are caught in the cycle of sexual sin and the strength to seek the Christian professional help they need to experience freedom.
Value of Human Life
“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
- Pray that our culture would grasp and uphold the value of all human life born and unborn.
- Pray that Roe v. Wade would be overturned.
Pray that state legislatures would be successful in adopting laws that protect all human life from the womb to the grave.
- Pray that the Body of Christ would experience unity as we view every person as a beautiful and valuable creation designed in God’s image.
- Pray that those who are victims of human trafficking are rescued and restored through the hope of Christ and those who are committing the crimes of human trafficking are captured and brought to justice.
“Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints. For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.” (Jude 1:3-4)
- Pray that any attempt to pass laws or regulations that would limit the practice of religious freedom and expression would be thwarted.
- Pray that attempts to censor the voices of believers would be unsuccessful. That the truth of the Gospel would continue to be boldly proclaimed in our nation.
- Pray that evangelical churches would remain true to the fidelity of scripture. That they would not allow cultural beliefs and ideologies to taint the power and truth of God’s Word.
- Pray that God would strengthen, encourage and protect pastors as they preach God’s Word and shepherd their churches. Pray that pastors would boldly proclaim the Gospel and not compromise the truth of God’s Word even when pressured by the culture and governmental leaders and policies.
- Pray that believers would carefully study and obey God’s Word on a regular basis.
- Pray that our nation would experience a spiritual revival and turn back to God and His Word.
Other Helpful Links:
Find your U.S. Representative
Find your U.S. Senator
Find your State Representative
Find your State Senator
Contact the Governor:
Governor Gretchen Whitmer
P.O. Box 30013
Lansing, Michigan 48909
517-335-7858 (Constituent Services)