We take this course so that no one should blame us about this generous gift that is being administered by us, for we aim at what is honorable not only in the Lord’s sight but also in the sight of man. – 2 Corinthians 8:20-21
Living out a Biblical worldview requires good stewardship. Therefore, as followers of Jesus Christ, we commit to effectively utilizing all the Lord has given us – our time, talents, and treasures – for the advancement of His Kingdom on earth.
When you support Salt & Light Global, you affirm our mission. You encourage us to press on to accomplish our stated goals. You demonstrate your willingness to run the race with us. Most of all, you convey your trust in our ability to fulfill the calling we have been given. In return for your priceless support, we commit to honoring your trust by:
- Receiving every one of your gifts humbly and gratefully as from the Lord. (1 Chronicles 29:14; John 3:27; Colossians 3:17)
- Employing responsible financial management techniques, ensuring financial stability, and acting with the utmost integrity. (Proverbs 16:3; Luke 14:28; Luke 16:10-11; 1 Timothy 6:6-10)
- Managing our offices with efficiency, organization, and the highest degree of excellence. (Colossians 3:23-24; Ephesians 5:15-16)
- Submitting our finances and programs to the authority and oversight of an independent and responsible Board of Directors. (1 Corinthians 4:1-2; Titus 1:7-9)
- Opening our offices and program sites for you to be able to visit and meet personally with our team. (1 Corinthians 4:1-2)
- Ensuring that our funding appeals are current, complete, and accurate to the best of our knowledge. (Titus 2:7-8)
- Never using high-pressure tactics to solicit your support. We also commit to never knowingly accepting a gift that would jeopardize your financial security or well-being. (2 Corinthians 9:6-8; 1 Timothy 5:8)
- Refusing to sell, rent, or make available your name or information for non-SLG purposes.
- Replying promptly and courteously to your inquiries about our finances and programs. Specifically, upon your request, we commit to providing you with our most current financial information as well as information about how your gifts are being used to further the mission of Salt & Light Global. (1 Peter 4:10-11)
- Allowing you to designate your gift to one of our priority projects.
- Sending you appropriate and timely gift acknowledgments. (Proverbs 3:27)
- Complying with federal, state, and municipal laws. (1 Peter 2:13-17)