The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever. – Isaiah 40:8
Salt & Light Global strives to ground all of its ideas, teachings, and actions in the following truths:
- The Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice, the ultimate authority.
- There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality.
- God the Father Almighty is Maker of heaven and earth.
- Jesus Christ is God, the living Word, who became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth; He is the only begotten Son of God. He is perfect Deity and true, sinless humanity united in one person forever. Through His vicarious death for our sins, all who believe in Him are justified and receive eternal life. He resurrected bodily before ascending to the right hand of the Father. He will personally return in power and glory to judge the living and the dead.
- The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, regenerates them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth, empowers them to live godly lives, and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer’s life by faith.
- Man was created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God and, thereby, incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death (eternal separation from God). This punishment is upon all men. Wonderfully though, through Jesus’ death on the cross in our place for our sins, all who believe in Him are justified and receive eternal life. We are to spread the Good News of His saving grace.
- God commands His people to assemble together regularly for worship, for participation in ordinances/sacraments, for edification through the Scriptures and for mutual encouragement. God also commands His people to be unified, to seek justice, to love mercy, and to correct oppression.
- God gives His people a Great Commission to make disciples of all nations and promises that He will be with us always until the end of the age.